Eye Care Financial Assistance
If you or a member of your family are in need of financial assistance to help with eye care services, there are a number of options available.
Numerous Resources for Financial Aid for Eye Care | National Eye Institute (pdf downlload)
- Vision Care Financial Assistance Information | Prevent Blindness
- Where to Get a Free Eye Exam and Free Eyeglasses | All About Vision
- DSA Approved Eye Care Assistance Referrals
- InfantSEE provides a free eye check-up for babies age 1 and under.
- Mission Cataract USA is a program that provides free cataract surgery to people of all ages who have no other means to pay.
- VISION USA has offered free eye exams to low-income families and those who don’t have insurance for more than 10 years.
- New Eyes offers prescription eyeglasses to children and adults who are in need. You can’t sign up directly — you’ll need help from a professional, like a doctor or someone in a social services agency.
- VSP Global’s Sight for Students program provides glasses to children from low-income families without insurance. To qualify, you need to work with a community partner, like a school.
- Operation Sight helps people with low incomes get cataract surgery.
Other Programs That May Help:
While not focused specifically on eye health, these programs may help cover some vision care.
Medicare is a government health insurance program for people over age 65 and some people with disabilities. It doesn’t cover eye exams or tests for most people, but it may cover some eye care if you have diabetes, macular degeneration, or a high risk of glaucoma. Some Medicare Advantage plans may also offer vision coverage.
Medicaid and CHIP are government programs that offer free or low-cost health insurance for children in families with low incomes.
Prescription drug assistance programs can help with the cost of prescription medicines. Learn about your options from these sites:
Best Men’s Oakley Sunglasses of 2019© SportRx
If you know of a financial assistance program we can add to this list, please send it to us using the form below:
* = required fieldGET SOCIAL WITH US