Optician Now News Feed
Optician Now was created for those seeking certification or licensure. We provide one central place to find all types of information relating to the Optical profession.
Also included on this website are some really great optical finds and eyeglass themed gifts from custom wine glasses to clothing and fun PD rulers.
Plus, the website provides materials for all aspects of the profession, including:
- Why one would want to become a Certified Optician
- ABOC exam preparation resources
- NCLE exam prep
- Earn continuing education credits
- General optical training material
These are not only good resources for an Optician, but also good to have on hand for those who are new to the industry or other staff members who could use the knowledge.
- New ANSI Recommendations for Prescription Ophthalmic Lenses ReleasedThe Vision Council today announced that the ANSI – American National Standards Institute Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) Z80 has released ANSI Z80.1-2020, Prescription Ophthalmic Lenses – Recommendations. This standard applies to all prescription dress ophthalmic spectacle lenses in edged or… Read more »
- INVISION Magazine Article: Optical Resources to Better YourselfFor the new year I had the privilege of having Invision Magazine publish an article of mine about bettering yourself in the new year. The article lists a ton of resources on becoming certified at some level. Read the full… Read more »
- Night Driving Glasses SolutionI would like to introduce you to a problem-solving gem on the market – a lightweight, comfortable and non-permanent night driving solution. Cocoons Eyewear provides a night driving glasses fitover to wear over regular prescription glasses. These specialized blue light… Read more »
- Win This American Board of Opticianry Exam Prep BookEnter to win Master Optician, Carrie Wilson‘s book to prep for the American Board of Opticianry Exam (NOCE). Visit the original Facebook post here or Instagram post below to find out how you can enter. View this post on… Read more »