Women in Optometry News
Women In Optometry (WO) is an online business & lifestyle publication that targets the fast-growing female OD segment. It caters to women ODs’ professional informational needs with one key distinction: articles are written from the uniquely female perspective.
A WO professional advisory board guides the editorial content. Members provide their unique, first-hand experience on professional and lifestyle topics. These topics include new practice ownership models, building for growth; balancing other interests with career; mid-career transitions; patient experience and research breakthroughs to which WO’s readers can relate.
Benefits of WO
WO provides women a platform to share their experiences. In doing so, they gain exposure to a national audience. That includes other ODs as well as those who are looking for new speakers or leaders to help them tell their story. It’s networking—via our website and digital magazine, our live events and our social media pages.
Women in Optometry Goes Digital
After nearly 15 years, WO printed its last physical magazine in 2020. WO‘s fully digital platform allows the WO team to share even more stories in a more timely fashion, reaching a greater number of ODs and optometry’s supporters than before.
- New Special Report on Telemedicine: Everything You Need to KnowReview of Optometric Business has posted a new special report, Telemedicine: Tapping into a Megatrend. The post New Special Report on Telemedicine: Everything You Need to Know appeared first on Women In Optometry. Read more »
- Wave 21 Of ECP Coronavirus Survey Respondents Weigh In On Pandemic’s Lasting ImpactWhile eye care professionals saw a much stronger March 2021 compared to March 2020, on average the metrics are still lower than they were in March 2019, according to wave 21 of the Jobson Optical Research Coronavirus ECP survey. The… Read more »
- President Biden Expands Pool of Professionals Able to Administer COVID Vaccines; Optometrists IncludedA fact sheet issued by the White House in conjunction with President Joseph R. Biden’s prime time address notes that his administration will expand the pool of qualified professionals able to administer shots. The post President Biden Expands Pool of… Read more »
- Dorothy Hitchmoth, OD, Honored as Health Care LeaderProject C.U.R.E. celebrated International Women’s Day with an event held on Wednesday, March 10. The event honors extraordinary women leading change in health care and shares stories of the work of Project C.U.R.E. to combat COVID-19 domestically and abroad. The… Read more »
- Virus Impact Continues: Nearly Half of Respondents Have Had a Team Member with COVID in Wave 20 ReportNearly all respondents said that their practices have reopened in the Wave 20 of the Jobson Optical Research survey on ECP attitudes on Coronavirus, which was issued Feb. 25-28. Fifty-eight percent of respondents say that they are allowing walk-ins for… Read more »
- California Optometric Association Applauds Decision to Allow Optometrists to Administer COVID-19 VaccineIn a move to address the state’s shortage of health care providers available to administer COVID-19 vaccines, the California Department of Consumer Affairs approved a public health emergency waiver that will allow doctors of optometry to administer COVID-19 vaccines to… Read more »
- WebMD Announces New Effort to Combat Vaccine MisinformationWith misinformation continuing to undermine public confidence in the Covid-19 vaccines, WebMD today announced that it has launched the WebMD Covid-19 Vaccine Misinformation Center to help combat inaccuracies with facts. The Center will provide reliable vaccine resources and online tools to help… Read more »
- Intrepid Eye Society Presents: “Presbyopia: Get Out of My Dreams, Get Into My Chair”Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2021 – 8:30 PM – 9:30 PM Eastern Time Presenters: Selina McGee, OD, FAAO, Dipl. ABO; Mark Schaeffer, OD; and Mark Buboltz, OD, FAAO COPE 1 Hour Course ID: 70982-GO Register here. In 2021 presbyopic patients will have more… Read more »